INVERCLYDE STRIDE 2021
Saturday 28 August 2021
Inverclyde Community Fund is hosting its annual Inverclyde STRIDE on Saturday 28th August 2021.
This is opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to be part of this year's STRIDE event.
It's also an opportunity for people to come together to raise funds for their favourite good cause while enjoying the beautiful local scenery.
You can read more about each event below.
- Sat, 28 AugParklea Branching Out28 Aug, 09:00Parklea Branching Out, Parklea Playing Fields, Greenock Road, Port Glasgow, PA14 6TRFor serious walkers, this longer scenic route starts at Parklea Branching Out, Port Glasgow, following our stunning coastline through Greenock and Gourock, finishing at Inverkip Community Hub. Passing many of Inverclyde’s finest sites, including Newark Castle, Cloch Lighthouse and Ardgowan Estate.
- Sat, 28 AugParklea Branching Out28 Aug, 10:00Parklea Branching Out, Parklea Playing Fields, Greenock Road, Port Glasgow, PA14 6TRThis scenic route starts at Parklea Branching Out, Port Glasgow, following our stunning coastline through Greeock to battery Park, Gourock. Passing many of Inverclyde’s finest sites, including Newark Castle, Custom House Quay and The Esplanade, ending at Gourock's battery Park.
- Sat, 28 AugBattery Park28 Aug, 12:00Battery Park, Eldon Street, Greenock, PA16 7QGICF is hosting it's annual Inverclyde STRIDE with, this year's addition of a STRIDE-Stroll. This will be an opportunity for people of all ages and abilities to be part of the Inverclyde STRIDE event and is perfect for people who prefer a gentler walk with some fun surprises along the way.
13 - 19th October 2020
Inverclyde Community Fund invited walkers to join its Inverclyde STRIDE 2020, delivered in partnership with local charity, World Walking as the event went virtual due to Covid-19.
The Inverclyde walk, which is just over 50K steps, challenged locals to see how many people of all ages we could get to complete the walk.
You Can Still Take Part Today
1. Register or login to World Walking.
2. Start the Inverclyde Walk which you can find on the 'Walks' page.
3. Start walking and use your steps to complete the virtual walk around Inverclyde.
4. If you have a Fitbit or use Health Kit or Google Fit you can sync your steps with World Walking.
5. Any App questions, contact World Walking.
6. Any STRIDE questions, contact ICF.
INVERCLYDE STRIDE 2019
Saturday 31 August 2019
CVS Inverclyde, in partnership with Inverclyde Community Fund, invited everyone to look out their walking shoes for the inaugural Inverclyde STRIDE.
Communities and voluntary sector groups throughout Inverclyde were encouraged to get teams of walkers together to help raise funds for their own good causes.